While trying to determine how and where to store everything, Carter asked me to stain and poly the old trunk that I was ready to trash...it was so ugly and weather worn. Carter put new hardware on it and I have to admit it looks pretty darn good. Amazing what a little bit of stain and polyurethane can do.
Carter continues to install the decking and rail spindles above the cockpit. The heat slows down the speed of this project but it will be done before we depart. We also intend to paint a layer of primer on the superstructure. Thankfully, I have gotten all of the staining and polyurethane-ing done to a stopping point. The love bugs are absolutely annoying in this process and it is time to stop until they are gone.
We took Sunday off and went for a 'Sunday drive' on the Boston Whaler down the Caloosahatchie River. We were fortunate enough to get behind a couple of larger boats and played in their wake. That sure was fun! I shot some video of it but I can't download it here at the library or at the internet cafe.